What Can You Expect From Our DUI Lawyer in Kansas City When Facing DUI or DWI Charges?
If you are facing charges for driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you may be unsure what comes next. Quick action on your part is necessary to preserve your driving privileges and develop the right defense plan for your individual case.
At the Spradlin Kennedy Law Firm, we help Missouri drivers fight DWI charges and Kansas drivers fight DUI charges. In addition to fighting to keep you out of jail, our Kansas City criminal defense lawyers will also request a hearing on your behalf to assist in possibly retaining your driver’s license. Attorney Dan Kennedy is a former Department of Revenue hearing officer and DWI license suspension enforcer, and he understands how this process works and what is necessary to protect the interests of his clients.
Our DUI & DWI Lawyers in Kansas City Building The Right Defense Strategy For You
Our Kansas City DUI & DWI lawyers believe that each person deserves a defense tailored to his or her needs and objectives. Additionally, every case and fact pattern is unique, and the defense strategy may change based on the circumstances of your case. Our client-focused approach allows us to provide effective representation and guidance on matters related to the following:
- Defense strategies – Our Kansas City DUI lawyers carefully identify the most appropriate and effective approach for your individual DWI or DUI case.
- Field sobriety testing – If there was a problem with your DWI traffic stop or during the administration of a field sobriety test, it could undermine the case and evidence against you.
- Probable cause – Did the police have a valid reason to stop you in the first place? If not, we will work to have the charges against you dropped.
- DWI expungement – It may be possible to have a DWI conviction removed from your record, which could be beneficial for your ability to find work and deal with other issues where a background check might be part of the process.
- BWI – Boating while intoxicated can lead to the same type of serious penalties and consequences as a DWI charge.
- DWI and your license – If you do not request a hearing within 15 days of your arrest, you will lose your license. Our DWI & DUI lawyers in Kansas City can help you request these hearings and fight to stay on the road.
DUI Defense Strategies
If you have been charged with a DUI or DWI, it is important to hire an experienced DUI lawyer in Kansas City to help you build a strong defense. There are a number of different strategies that can be used to defend against a DUI charge, and an experienced DUI attorney will know which ones are likely to be most effective in your particular case. For example, if the police did not have probable cause to stop you in the first place, your Kansas City DUI lawyer may be able to get the charges against you dropped. Or, if the breathalyzer results were inaccurate, your lawyer may be able to get them thrown out as well. Whatever your particular situation, an experienced DWI lawyer in Kansas City will be able to develop a defense strategy that gives you the best chance of winning your case.
Expunging a DUI/DWI in Kansas City
In Kansas City, as in most other jurisdictions, a DUI or DWI conviction can have major implications that extend far beyond the penalties imposed by the court. A DUI can result in increased insurance rates, difficulty obtaining or renewing a professional license, and even problems finding a job. However, it is possible to have a DWI/DUI expunged from your record under certain circumstances. An experienced DUI attorney in Kansas City can help you determine whether you are eligible to have your DUI record expunged and can assist you in taking the necessary steps to clear your record. If you have been convicted of a DUI, don’t despair – there may be hope for a clean slate. Contact a qualified Kansas City DUI attorney today to learn more about your options.
Our goal is to minimize the negative impact of the DWI charges against you. Our Kansas City criminal defense lawyers will fight to keep you on the road and out of jail.
Contact Our Kansas City DUI & DWI Defense Attorneys Today For a Free Case Evaluation
Contact our office here or at 816-384-0180 to learn about how our Kansas City DUI & DUI lawyers can help you fight back against drunk driving charges and keep your license.