What Can You Expect When Facing Drunk Driving Charges?
If you are facing charges for driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you may be unsure what comes next. Quick action on your part is necessary to preserve your driving privileges and develop the right defense plan for your individual case.
At the Spradlin Kennedy Law Firm, we help Missouri drivers fight DWI charges and Kansas drivers fight DUI charges. In addition to fighting to keep you out of jail, we will also request a hearing on your behalf to assist in possibly retaining your driver’s license. Attorney Dan Kennedy is a former Department of Revenue hearing officer and DWI license suspension enforcer, and he understands how this process works and what is necessary to protect the interests of his clients.
Building The Right Defense Strategy For You
We believe that each person deserves a defense tailored to his or her needs and objectives. Additionally, every case and fact pattern is unique, and the defense strategy may change based on the circumstances of your case. Our client-focused approach allows us to provide effective representation and guidance on matters related to the following:
- Defense strategies – We work carefully to identify the most appropriate and effective approach for your individual DWI or DUI case.
- Field sobriety testing – If there was a problem with your DWI traffic stop or during the administration of a field sobriety test, it could undermine the case and evidence against you.
- Probable cause – Did the police have a valid reason to stop you in the first place? If not, we will work to have the charges against you dropped.
- DWI expungement – It may be possible to have a DWI conviction removed from your record, which could be beneficial for your ability to find work and deal with other issues where a background check might be part of the process.
- BWI – Boating while intoxicated can lead to the same type of serious penalties and consequences as a DWI charge.
- DWI and your license – If you do not request a hearing within 15 days of your arrest, you will lose your license. We can help you request these hearings and fight to stay on the road.
Our goal is to minimize the negative impact of the DWI charges against you. We will fight to keep you on the road and out of jail.
Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation Today
Contact our Kansas City office here or at 816-768-6900 to learn about how our lawyers can help you fight back against drunk driving charges and keep your license.
Dan went above and beyond for me. He exceeded every expectation was honest, efficient and cares about the clients he defends. I couldn’t have made a better decision choosing him to defend me. Knowing he is in my corner gives me relief because there is nobody better. If you are in need of legal advice or looking for representation calling Dan is one of the best decisions you can make.
Tracy is extraordinary! I could not give a higher recommendation for anyone in need of legal assistance.
Dan is the man. He’s had years of experience and if you follow what he tells you everything else will fall in place. Dan is a wonderful attorney. The Best!!!!!!! I wished I met Dan long before now!!!!