Attorney Tracy Spradlin is a Partner at Spradlin Kennedy, LLC. Ms. Spradlin focuses her practice on assisting accused individuals from the Kansas City metropolitan area, nearby cities of Independence, Blue Springs and Lee’s Summit, and the surrounding counties, including Jackson, in western Missouri and neighboring Kansas. From the firm’s convenient Kansas City law office, she offers criminal defense services to those facing charges in Missouri and Kansas Municipal, State and Federal Courts. Experienced, client focused, and results driven representation in handling cases for a wide range of clients from tow truck drivers to teachers and even other attorneys, include the following:
- Traffic violations
- Driving while intoxicated
- Drug possession
- Check Fraud/Credit Card Fraud
- Domestic Assault
Ms. Spradlin earned a Bachelor of Journalism from University of Missouri in 2008, and in 2012, she earned her law degree from University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. Early the following year, The Missouri Bar granted her admission, and the state of Kansas issued its approval for her to practice law in its courtrooms in 2014.
Over the past several years, Ms. Spradlin has reached favorable results for her clients both through plea negotiations as well as by forcing the government to make their case in front of a judge or jury. She continues to be a strong advocate for her clients.
Ms. Spradlin has already built a reputation as one of the region’s most promising young attorneys, which has resulted in a number of honors, including The Missouri Bar’s Young Lawyers Section’s President’s Award and a place among Kansas City’s most regularly requested guest speakers. She has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2015, and was selected as an Up & Coming Attorney by Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2017.
Ms. Spradlin devotes her free time to both legal and non-legal community organizations. She is a board member for the Association for Women Lawyers, sits on the executive board for the Young Lawyers Section for the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, and has served as the chair of the Municipal Court Committee. Ms. Spradlin is passionate about animals, and she serves as Legal Advisor for the non-profit organization, Going 2 The Dogs, a group aimed at providing bullet-proof protection vests for police K-9s.
Areas of Practice
- Drug Crimes
- Weapons Charges
- Association For Women Lawyers “Step Up for Women” Speaker, 2015 – 2017
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law CLE Speaker, 2015 – 2016
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association CLE Speaker, 2016 – 2018
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star , 2015 – 2018
- Pro Bono Champion, KC Counselor , 2017 – Present
- Up & Coming Attorney, Missouri Lawyers Weekly , 2017 – Present
- Young Lawyer Section President’s Award, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2014 – Present
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Graduate, Class of 2014
- Missouri Bar Leadership Academy, Graduate, Class of 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- The Kansas Bar Association, Member, 2014 – Present
- The Missouri Bar Young Lawyers Section, Member, 2013 – Present
- Missouri Association of Defense Lawyers (MACDL), Member, 2014 – Present
- Association For Women Lawyers, Board Member, 2012 – Present
- Volunteer Attorney Project, Volunteer Attorney for Warrant Relief, 2013 – Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Board Member, 2013 – Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Municipal Court Committee Chair, 2015 – 2018
- The Young Professionals Board of Legal Aid of Western Missouri, Secretary, 2016 – 2017
- Going 2 The Dogs, Inc., Legal Advisor
Dan went above and beyond for me. He exceeded every expectation was honest, efficient and cares about the clients he defends. I couldn’t have made a better decision choosing him to defend me. Knowing he is in my corner gives me relief because there is nobody better. If you are in need of legal advice or looking for representation calling Dan is one of the best decisions you can make.
~ Eric B.